For Details Please visit
Application Forms for the BA Programme are available in the month of January and the Entrance Exams are held in the month of May. The admission process is complete by the month of June. Applications forms can be downloaded form the website or can be obtained by post.
Application forms for short-term programmes are available on the website and the candidates are informed about the interview schedules through call letters. The interviews for these programmes are usually held in the month of June.
- Admission to the integrated M.Phil./Ph.D. programme is made once every academic year (in June/July), and direct admission to the Ph.D. programme will be made twice a year (in June/July and January/February).
- Application for admission must be made in the prescribed form supplied with this Prospectus or downloaded from the Institute's website (www.tiss.edu/mphilphd.pdf). Applications must be complete in all respects, and attested copies of certificates must be enclosed. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- An Application Fee of Rs. 750/- must be remitted along with the application by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, payable at Mumbai. The fee may also be paid in cash at the cash counter of the Institute. The Application Fee is not refundable.
- Eligible applicants will be required to appear for an interview on a pre-notified date.
- Outstation SC and ST applicants called for the interview will be reimbursed ordinary Second Class return railway fare between the place of their residence and Mumbai by the shortest route on production of valid railway receipt/ticket. No TA/DA is, however, admissible for joining the programme.
- The applicant is encouraged to contact a prospective guide at the Institute, either personally or through correspondence, for preparing the research proposal that is to be submitted along with the application form. However, scholars will be assigned guides after they areadmitted to the M.Phil. programme or at the time of admission to the Ph.D. programme, as the case may be.