Field Action Projects 2011 - 2012
Established in 2012 [ Top of the page ]
AAPTI -Kolkata Chapter -AMRI Hospital Fire Response
Jayaprakash Institute for Social Change, Salt Lake, Kolkata, West Bengal, Kolkata
Objective: To reach out to the most marginalised survivors and families of deceased in the AMRI Hospital Fire 2011, Kolkata.
Need Assessment and Base Line Survey15 Villages at North and South Goa
Objective: Design of CSR Projects.
Objective: To rehabilitate the mentally challenged children sexually abused and exploited children in State care.
I-Slate ProjectMohammed Hussainpally, Mahbubnagar District, Andhra Pradesh
- To nurture innovations in technology that aim to enhance the availability of resources to communities that are far removed in the geographical, social and economical sense from the mainstream.
- I-Slate is a solar-powered, stylus-controlled classroom aid for education purposes in rural schools, which works in tandem with this perspective of augmenting the communities capabilities by not only making it accessible in terms of technology but also in terms of strengthening the fabric of the indigenous practices that are fast eroding in the deluge of a monolithic system of standardised education.
Established in 2011 [ Top of the page ]
Objective : Transforming M-Ward into a model of inclusive human development.
IDBI Rural Transformation ProgrammeTISS, Mumbai.
Objective: To enable Rural Transformation for creating thriving local communities.
Programme for Noetic ActionTISS, Mumbai.
Objective: Leadership and Capacity Building.
Objectives: Providing support to the advisor in monitoring implementation of food security scheme in Maharashtra for commissioner's appointed by Supreme Court of India.
26/11 Terror Attack Families Rehabilitation: Psychosocial and Support and Counselling CentreMumbai
- To reach the most marginalised survivors and facilitate the recovery process.
- To help reach resources to those who were not reached by Government and Civil Society Groups or whose need were only partially met.
AAPTI-Response to 13/7 Mumbai BlastInstitute of Indian Culture, Mahakali Caves Road, Opposite Canosa High School, Andheri East, Mumbai.
Objective: To reach out to the most marginalized survivors and families of deceased in the 13/7, Mumbai Blast in Zaveri Bazar.
Physical Damage Assessment of LehLeh
Objective: Mapping of flood-affected area.
Customer Satisfaction Survey of Zero Pendency and Daily Disposal InitiativeVarious Talukas of Pune District
Objective: To study the customer satisfaction with the services provided by the Pune Collectorate Office.
Need Assessment Study for Design and Implementation of CSR ProjectsSeven locations of GAIL in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Tripura and Andhra Pradesh
Objective: Design of CSR Projects.
School Development in M-Ward Field Action Project Holistic School DevelopmentMumbai
- Holistic development of the school and children.
- Second language teaching and learning support, constructivist and multiple intelligences approaches or approaches to classroom management, identifying the problems of children, providing support to them and their parents, supportive activities and counselling services, promoting child-centred practices in the school in learning and every activity in with children.
Tarasha: A Community-based Project for Rehabilitation of Women Recovering from Mental Illness,Mumbai
- To support women recovering from mental illness in making a transition from institutions back into the community through networking, capacity building and sensitizing programs
- To facilitate the process of recovery in the women aimed at addressing psychosocial issues, shelter, sustainable livelihoods and economic independence
- To shift society from a mindset of exclusion and stigmatisation to inclusion, thereby supporting to create safe, non-threatening spaces for women with a history of mental illness
Towards Advocacy, Networking and Developmental Action (TANDA)Mumbai and Pune
- To work towards the rights and citizenship entitlements of NT-DNT communities living in Mumbai.
- To create a network and generate knowledge about issues relating to NT-DNT communities.
- To advocate with the administration towards citizenship entitlements of NT-DNT communities in Maharashtra and the country.
- To develop capacities of NT-DNT community to improve their access to basic needs.
- To develop capacities of the CBOs/ NGOs/ Working with NT-DNT communities in Maharashtra.
TISS CSR Hub: Empanelment Committee,TISS, Mumbai
Objective: Facilitating issue and area based linkages between voluntary organisations and public sector enterprises.
TISS CSR Hub in Detail...
Socio-Economic and Caste Census 2011: Campaign for Inclusion of Nomadic and De-notified Tribe,Marathwada Region, Maharashtra
Objective: Maximum Inclusion of the NT-DNT Communities in upcoming Caste Census in Maharashtra.
Established in 2009 [ Top of the page ]
Khula AsmanTISS, Mumbai
Objective: Create a space for creative, non-conventional, eco-friendly activities for personal and professional growth
Integrated Rural Health and Development ProjectAghai Post, Shahpur Taluka, Thane District
- To develop a culture sensitive, comprehensive, need-based health and mental health intervention in the community.
- To create sustainable livelihood opportunities through vocational training.
- To liaise the community with government initiatives for tribal development.
Established in 2008 [ Top of the page ]
Resource Centre for Interventions of Violence against Women (RCI-VAW)Mumbai
- To build capacity of different stake holders to respond to Violence against Women across the country.
- To promote the strategies of Special Cells for Women and other instruments to respond to Violence against Women.
- To explore and innovate newer strategies to respond to Violence against Women.
- To initiate and sustain, research and document and educate for interventions on Violence against Women.
Established in 2006 [ Top of the page ]
KoshishMumbai, Delhi and Patna.
- To reach out to the destitute and homeless population in Mumbai and undertake research in order to understand their psychological, social, economic, cultural contexts.
- To engage with daily issues of survival, protection and growth thus addressing the immediate causes that lead to beggary or unlawful activities.
- To mobilise the destitute and homeless population to participate in the process of rehabilitation and reintegration.
- To engage in advocacy for inclusive policy and programmes and to foster reintegration.
- To network with state agencies and non-governmental bodies for intervention, advocacy and resource mobilisation.
Koshish Website: koshish.tiss.eduKoshish in Detail...
Established in 2005 [ Top of the page ]
Resource Cell for Juvenile Justice,Thane and Yavatmal
- To engage with the system and work towards a child friendly implementation of the Juvenile Justice Act (with special focus on JCL) and work on issues related to rehabilitation and social integration of children into society.
- To build capacities of Juvenile Justice System functionaries towards their effective functioning in the system.
- To generate knowledge and information on various aspects related to children in the Juvenile Justice System.
- To establish a Documentation Center and Resource Unit for Juvenile Justice System.
DalTri Project,TISS, Mumbai
- Action Research.
- Academic writing.
- Building Dalit and Tribal networks.
- Building local leadership.
Established in 2002 [ Top of the page ]
Humanity United in M-Ward (HUM),TISS, Mumbai
Objective: To create awareness and support action related to human rights in M-Ward
Established in 1999 [ Top of the page ]
Objective: To provide guidance and support to students, alumni, small NGOs and other stakeholders for conceiving, setting up, managing and institutionalising social sector projects and organisations
Established in 1996 [ Top of the page ]
Nav Chetna,Pen, Raigad District
- To create child-friendly, child-centred systems and to work towards realisation of vulnerable tribal children’s right to education
- To supplement the efforts of the government in providing school education to tribal children residing in two Ashram shalas.
- To work with – concerned government departments, local/village committees, tribal society, ashram shala authorities, teachers, civil society organizations, activists and others engaged in meeting special educational needs of school-going tribal children, and to provide holistic school education for their personality development.
- To provide field training opportunities for social work students.
- To engage in research with a focus on tribal children’s rights.
Established in 1995 [ Top of the page ]
SATHI: Turbhe Health and Development ProjectNavi Mumbai
Objective: To contribute to community capacity development for developing sustainable solutions for social and health needs of the community.
Established in 1990 [ Top of the page ]
PrayasMumbai and Bharuch.
- To demonstrate the need for social work intervention in the criminal justice system such as police stations, prisons, courts and institutions for women.
- To work towards the rehabilitation of persons coming out of, or vulnerable to crime, sexual exploitation or destitution.
- To improve access to the legal rights of persons processed by the criminal justice system and to promote the use of the correctional laws to aid rehabilitation of vulnerable groups.
- To identify issues relevant to rehabilitation and attempt to address them at policy level.
- To increase awareness in the government and society about issues related to rehabilitation of persons affected by crime, sexual exploitation or destitution.
- To generate knowledge in the field of social work, criminology and corrections through the analysis of field experience.
- Direct intervention with affected individuals, groups and community by arranging for shelter, medical assistance, legal aid, basic subsistence to individuals and families, education and skills development, placement in NGOs for exposure to selected fields of work.
- Advocating implementation and change in policy and procedure, with respect to that governed by systems of
prisons, women and child development, libraries, health, and food and civil supplies.
- Facilitating new initiatives through fellowship programmes that address intervention for victims of homicide,
juveniles in conflict with the law, and children of prisoners.
- Documentation of field experiences, and submissions made to authorities concerned towards drawing attention to
the rehabilitation needs of persons processed by criminal justice and allied systems.
- Income generation for supporting field expenses.
Established in 1984 [ Top of the page ]
Special Cell for Women and ChildrenMumbai
- Rebuild the violated woman's self-esteem, self-work and dignity.
- Offer immediate services in cases of family violence and atrocities against women in the forms of:
- Police assistance in registering complaints.
- Placement in institutions or referral to family service agencies.
- Referrals to other services including medical, psychiatric, educational and vocational services.
- Legal aid.
- Be a liaison between the police and organisations for women and children.
- Create awareness about the humiliations and atrocities committed, particularly against women themselves, amongst professional groups and general public.
- Document the work of the Special Cells and develop training material for social work students.
Established in 1937 [ Top of the page ]
Muskaan, Child and Adolescent Guidance Centre,Mumbai
- Provide clinical, preventive and promotive Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMH) services.
- Create awareness about child and adolescent mental health issues.
- Undertake research in the area of CAMH.
- Mental health outreach programmes in schools and communities with key stakeholders.
- Clinical services to children suffering from emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Counselling and therapeutic services for children affected by divorce and separation.