Saksham, The Global Fund to fight for AIDS TB & Malaria is looking for Internal Auditor
The Global Fund to fight for AIDS TB & Malaria
Round 7, Counselling Component
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Name of the Post : Internal Auditor
of Post :1
Last Date : January 25 2011
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Remuneration : Rs. 40,000/- per month CTC
TISS is the Principal Recipient of The Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria, Round 7 Counselling Component. This project strives to build capacities of counsellors, master trainers and institutions of higher learning across the country.
This project wishes to appoint an internal auditor who will coordinate the internal audit process of Saksham Project (funded by Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB & Malaria) in 38 institutions across 25 states in India as per the finance policy & guidelines specifically drafted to meet the requirement of the funding agency and also in adherence with the accounting standards issued by ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) as applicable.
The internal auditor will deliver on monitoring the fund management, work with project leads on partner organization and ensure proper internal control systems within the Saksham Project across the board.
The Internal auditor will be responsible for:
Risk management with regard to the Fund
• Review the strategic priorities and activities of the project to assess and identify potential risks to the specific university/ institution.
• Working with management to prioritize the risks and provide advice and guidelines to management and staff on development of risk management frameworks at different levels, including during the annual planning process.
• Coordinates the development of an internal control system and ensures that all programme and support units have a control mechanism in place.
• Reviews, the implementation of the action points in the project, functional units and projects audit planning, implementation & reporting.
• Prepares a quarterly audit plan in consultation with the Finance Controller.
• Carries out physical checks on projects to verify existence and status of documents in relation to reports.
• Reviews financial records and other reports, systems and controls maintained in all project offices in partner organizations.
• Carries out physical verification of assets & stores and reconciles with records maintained in the Offices.
• Follows up on responses from previous audited statements of projects and partners and reports to Finance Controller and National Project Director on non-compliance
• Liaises with external auditors of TISS for Saksham Project
• Undertakes investigations on frauds and irregularities at management request and as follow up on regular audit findings
• Produces timely audit reports to auditors with recommendations aimed at strengthening the overall control environment.
• Provides quarterly audit summaries to the Finance Controller
• Produces bi-annual reports on financial irregularities and audit findings to National Programme Director, Saksham.
• Provide regular reports on risk management to Management and the Audit Committee
• Advises management on systems and procedures requiring improvement.
• Follows up on management actions on audit findings, recommendations and how audit issues are concluded.
• Raises awareness of audit processes, purpose and audit findings to staff and other stakeholders.
• Coordinate with the partner organization in order to facilitate a good understanding of the systems and methodologies.
• Supports and monitors implementation of the online Financial Management Policy.
• Support the Finance Controller as and when required for any job related to the project.
Minimum of five years post professional audit experience with at least two years in any educational Institution.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
• Ability to use online accounting system
• Fluency in spoken and written English language
• Highly numerate
• Excellent planning and prioritization skills
• Ability to think strategically
• Excellent (proven) interpersonal and both oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
• Multi-tasking skills
• Negotiation skills
• Creative and takes initiative.
• Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
• Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
• Should be willing to travel widely & at short notice.
• Team player
• Self motivated person able to work without close supervision
• Effectively promote the Saksham mission values, and objectives
ICAI (inter) /MCOM or relevant postgraduate degree
Please send by e-mail to email@example.com along with the following subject line as ‘ Internal Auditor’ .
A Cover Letter
Your academic record and relevant testimonials
****************Only those short-listed for interview will be contacted.***********