, Mumbai campus
"M.L.I.Sc. (Karnataka University), UGC-NET"
Anand Dodamani is working as Assistant Librarian (Senior Scale) in Sir Dorabji Tata Memorial Library, TISS, Mumbai.
He is also a regular faculty in the Centre for Library and Information Management Studies, TISS since 2012.
He has considerable experience in teaching and practice in the field of Library and Information Science. Before joining TISS, Mumbai, Anand served in various positions in Maharashtra and Karnataka as mentioned below:
1. Librarian : Govt. First Grade College, Gudageri , Dept. of Collegiate Education, Govt. of Karnataka (07.07.2010 to 19.03.2012).
2. Librarian : Hashu Advani College of Special Education (Grant in Aid), Mumbai (17.02.2005 to 06.07.2010).
3. Librarian : Pillai's College of Arts, Commerce and Science (Grant in Aid), Mumbai (15.09.2004 to 16.02.2005).
4. Librray and Documentation Assistant (Adhoc), IGIDR, Mumbai (01.07.2004 to 14.09.2004).
Awards and Recognitions:
1. 2012 Emerald South Asia LIS Research Fund Award (Highly Commended).
2. III Rank in MLISc Examination of Karnatak University, Dharwad (2004).
1. Library Services for the People with Disabilities.
2. Image Building Activities for Academic Libraries.
Recent Publications (2016):
Dodamani, Anand , & Brahma, Tularam. (2016). User’s Perceptions of Library Services in Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai: A Survey. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 36(6).
Dodamani, Anand., 2016. Seven Simple Steps to Improve User Satisfaction in Library. In M. Angadi, ed. TISS-BOSLA National Conference on Future Librarianship: Innovation for Excellence. Mumbai: Imperial Publications, pp. 312–315.
Dodamani, Anand & Shivarama, J. (2016). Operational Challenges in Academic Libraries and Their Possible Soultions. In R. Mendhe (Ed.), ISCOM. NMIMS, Mumbai.
Provision of Assistive Technology to Support Visually Challenged Students in Library and Information Centres: A Survey of University Libraries in India. (Funded by Research and Development Cell, TISS).
Utilisation of UGC- HEPSN Scheme by Universities in Maharashtra: A Survey. (Funding Agency: UGC).
1. LIS-01 : Knowledge Society (02 Credits)
2. LIS-06 : Management of Library and Information Centres (02 Credits)
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser