, Mumbai campus
M.Phil. Development Studies
Maggie Paul completed her MPhil in Development Studies from TISS, Mumbai.
Her dissertation is titled “Political Subjectivity, Slums and Urbanization in Mumbai: A Problematization of Methodological Assumptions”.
Her research interests include migration and migrant citizenship practices; religion and political subjectivities in the urban context; gender and livelihoods; social theory; methodological aspects in social sciences; educational philosophy and pedagogical innovations.
▪ Women and Work: A review of the National Skill Development Corporation in the wake of Globalization, Journal of Politics & Governance, Volume 3, Issue ¾, Pages: 52-61: http://jpg.net.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/JPG-Vol.-2-No.-3-4-December-2013.pdf
▪ The Wretched of the Mumbai Local Trains, Himal Southasian Magazine, http://himalmag.com/the-wretched-of-the-local-trains/
▪ The Perils of being Unlawfully Unwedded Kindle Magazine, http://kindlemag.in/perils-unlawfully-unwedded/
▪ Will the Indian media rethink its 'carnival of death' approach anytime soon?, The Alternative (Online Magazine), http://www.thealternative.in/society/will-the-indian-media-rethink-its-carnival-of-death-approach-anytime-soon/
The Sabha (A people’s newsletter), http://www.thesabha.org/community_newspaper/mumbai/media-carnival-of-death/
▪ Me, an outpouring (Based on true story about sex workers in the underbelly of Mumbai),Not Like Most Young Girls, Mumbai: JAICO Publishing House
▪ [Film Review] Why Ram Leela is an insult to the audience, The Alternative (Online Magazine), http://thealternative.in/arts-culture/why-ram-leela-is-an-insult-to-the-audience/
She is a Dalai Lama Fellow (2015-16 cohort).
Profile of her slum-based project in Mumbai could be visited here:http://www.dalailamafellows.org/dalai-lama-fellows/
Some details of her self-conceived project can be found at: http://abdrishya.org
1. Qualitative Research: Methods, Approaches and Analysis
2. Introduction to Sociology
(for Executive PG Diploma on Organisation Development and Change batches in Mumbai, Banagalore, Delhi)
Email id: email@example.com
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser