, Mumbai campus
M.A. (University of Madras), M.Phil. (University of Madras), Ph.D. (JNU, New Delhi)
Currently Professor at the Advanced Centre for Women's Studies, School of Development Studies
Gender and Labour
Political economy of health and welfare
1. 'Struggles around Gender: some clarifications,' Economic and Political Weekly, vol.50 (33), August 2015, pp.76-77.
2. ‘Ruptures and Reproduction in Caste/Labour/Gender’ in Satish Deshpande (ed.) The Problem of Caste: Essays from Economic and Political Weekly, Readings on the Economy, Polity and Society, Orient Blackswan, New Delhi 2014, pp.162-174.
3. Introduction as Guest Editor, Indian Journal of Gender Studies, 2013 20: 173-6, Special Issue on Gender Labour and Social Reproduction
4. ‘Sexuality and Social Reproduction, Reflections from an Indian Feminist Debate’, Indian Journal of Gender Studies, 2013 20: 235-251.
5. “Disempowered Despite Wage Work: Women workers in Beedi industry,' in Padmini Swamination (ed.)Women and Work: Essays from Economic and Political Weekly, Readings on the Economy, Polity and Society, Orient Blackswan, New Delhi 2012.
6. ‘Caste, Labour and Sexuality: the Troubled Connection’, Current Sociology, vol. 60, no. 2, Sage, March 2012.
In MA programme -
1) Women's movements in India;
2) Development, Feminist Politics and Praxis,
3) Women and Work: History of Transformation
In M.Phil. programme -
1) Theorising Feminism;
2) Themes and Perspectives in Labour, Migration & Globalisation
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser