, Mumbai campus
Ph.D. in Agricultural Extension Education
Since 8th January 2015 working as Assistant Professor in Prime Minister’s Rural Development Fellowship (PMRDF) Scheme at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai, Maharashtra. His field of interest includes information and communication technology applications, methodological advances in social sciences research, monitoring & evaluation. He was the recipient of the ‘UGC-JRF’ fellowship of Government of India during 2011-14. He served 2 years (2009-11) as Research Fellow at Water Technology Centre (WTC), IARI, New Delhi under National Agricultural Innovation project – Decision Support System (DSS) for enhancing productivity in irrigated saline environment using remote sensing modelling and GIS, and involved in field based research activities such as conducting Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) exercises, result demonstrations, managed research-experimental plots and project activities, data analysis and reporting.
He has done a PhD in agricultural extension education from National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI), Karnal, Haryana and masters in Agricultural Extension & Communication from Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agril. & Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand. During PhD, worked on Impact Assessment and Sustainability of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) intervention for the betterment of farming communities in Maharashtra and developed attitude scale, knowledge test and ICT-sustainability index.
Information and communication technology applications, Methodological advances in social sciences research, Monitoring & evaluation, Livelihood analysis
1. Wadkar,S. K., Ahmaed, T. and Kumar, B. (2011). Designing farm Advertisement for ruralAudience:Astudy in Uttarakhand, Journal of Communication Studies,29: 34-36.(NAAS Rating = 3.45)
2. Wadkar S. K.andKumar, B. (2013). Perceptionof Farmerstowards Effectiveness of Printed Tractor Advertisements, Asia-Pacific Journal of Marketing and Management Research, 2(5): 30-34.(Impact Factor = 0.645)
3. Wadkar S. K., Kumar, B.and Argade,S. D. (2013). Socio-Economic statusoffarmers affectingthe effectivenessof printed tractor advertisements, Indian Journal ofApplied Research, 3(8): 30-31.(Impact Factor = 3.90)
4. Argade, S. D. and Wadkar,S. K. (2013).Role ofSocio-Psychological Status of Beneficiariesintheir Effective Participation in MGNREGA, International Journal of ScientificResearch, 2 (6): 535-537.(Impact Factor = 3.50)
5. Wadkar, S. K., Singh, K. and Argade, S. D. (2013). FactorsaffectingtheSustainability of ICT Intervention for agricultural Development: A Review, Agricultural Reviews, 34 (3):198-206.(NAAS Rating = 3.31)
6. Argade, S. D. and Wadkar, S. K. (2013). SustainableRural LivelihoodSecuritythroughIntegratedFarming Systems: A Review, Agricultural Reviews, 34 (3): 207-215. (NAAS Rating = 3.31)
7. Kad, S., Kale, R. B.,Vairagar, V. and Wadkar, S. K. (2014). Innovativeness, Cultivation and Utilization Pattern ofFodder Crops in Pune district of Maharashtra,Indian Journal Dairy Science,67(4): 1-7.(NAAS Rating = 4.19)
8. Kalra, B. S.,Wadkar, S. K., Sarangi, A., Singh, D. K.,Chaturvedi, A., and Singh, S. P. (2014). Farmers’ perception on water management and land degradation in the tail reach of western Yamuna canal command, Journal of Rural Development, 33 (3): 343-350. (NAAS Rating = 3.09)
9. Wadkar, S. K., Singh, K., Kadian, K. S. and Garde, Y. A. (2015). A comparative study on effectiveness of the aAQUA e-Agriservice among dairy farmers of Maharashtra, Indian Journal of Dairy Science, 68 (4):408-411. (NAAS Rating = 4.19)Kale, R. B.,Rohilla, P. P., Meena, M. S. andWadkar, S. K.(2015). Information and Communication Technologies for Agricultural KnowledgeManagement in India, Journal of Global Communication, 8 (1): 16-22.(NAAS Rating = 3.10)
10. Argade S. D., Sankhala, G. and Wadkar, S. K. (2015). Farmer’s perception towards Integrated Farming Systems in Maharashtra: A methodological approach, International Journal Agricultural Extension, 3 (1): 25-30.
11. Wadkar, S. K., Singh, K., Mohammad, A., Malhotra, R. and Kale, R. B. (2016). Identifying the factors governing attitude towards the e-Agriservice among the dairy farmers in Maharashtra, India, Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development in Tropics and Sub-tropics, 117 (1): 1–10.(NAAS Rating = 5.0)
12. Singh, K., Chakravarty, R., Rani, K., Singh, S. andWadkar, S. K.(2016).Effectofknowledgeonadoptionand performance of legume fodder (Berseemcv.Vardan)under field condition, Legume Research - An International Journal, 39 (3): 470-473. (NAAS Rating = 6.15)
13. Wadkar, S. K., Singh, K., Mohammad, A., Garde, Y. A., and Argade, S. D. (2016). Farmers Attitude and Knowledge in accessing aAQUA e-Agriservice in Maharashtra: A Critical Analysis, Journal of Community Informatics (Under Review)
14. Wadkar, S. K., Singh, K., Argade, S. D., Garde, Y. A. and Kale, R. B. (2016). A Psychometric Process to Develop and Validate a Scale to Measure Attitude towards aAQUA e-Agriservice, J. of Agril. Science &Technology (Under Review)
Will be updated soon...
MDP 6: Introduction to social research methods and tools (2 Credits)
MDP 12: Development practice I (3 Credits)
MDP 18: Analytical tools and practical skills for development practioners (2 Credits)
MDP 25: Practical skills for development practioners II (2 Credits)
(i) Present Address: PMRDFs Office, Library building, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - 400 088, (MH)
(ii) Permanent Address: At Post – Velu, Tahsil – Bhor, District – Pune 412 205, Maharashtra
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser