Date and time:
March 6, 2019 10:30AM - 4:40PM
Research Assistant (1 Position)
Date of interview : 6thFebruary, 2019
Time : 10.30am onwards
Venue : TISS Guwahati-Off Campus, Jalukbari, Guwahati-781013
Documents required: Original Certificates of Educational Qualification, a brief CV (at the time of interview)
Description of Project & Position
Title of the Project : Decent Work for Tea Plantation Workers in Assam:
Constraints, Challenges and Prospect
Funded by : Oxfam Germany
Name of the Post : Research Assistant
No. of Positions : 01
Location : Guwahati, Assam
Duration : 1.5 Months (immediate after selection)
Remuneration : Rs. 26,000/- per month (Consolidated)
Project description : The project is to carry out a study to understand work and employment of tea plantation workers from the ‘decent work’ perspectives in terms of employment and income opportunities (availability of work, wage payment, compensation, etc.), right at work (access to basic amenities and various discriminations at the workplace), social protection (social security measures and welfare benefits) and social dialogue (freedom of association and collective bargaining process). Further, it tries to examine exogenous (market, state, policies) and endogenous (organisation and management) factors that impact price setting mechanism
Job Description for the position of research assistant:
· Organise and manage various activities pertaining to the project
· Conduct literature review and develop study protocol
· Organise, conduct and facilitate data collection
· Lead the research team throughout the various stages of data management and analysis, dissemination along with quality check
· Documentation, monitoring and regular reporting of the project
· Assist in drafting and finalisation of report based on inputs from peer review.
· Post Graduate in Economics/Sociology/Labour Studies/Development Studies or any other relevant subjects in social sciences.
· Candidates having command over statistics and statistical software will be given preference.
Submission of application:
Kindly submit a short CV (not more than 2 pages) and statement of purpose along with covering letter to Ms. Lydia Tirkey at firstname.lastname@example.org 5PM, 4 March, 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be communicated by 8AM, 5 March, 2019.
Kindly Note: No TA/DA will be given to appear interview.
For any enquiry regarding the position please contact the Principal Investigator
Centre for Labour Studies & Social Protection (CLSSP)
School of Social Sciences and Humanities (SSSH)
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser