The Office of Students' Affairs (OSA) was established in 2006. During the 12 years of its existence, the OSA has consolidated its activities by streamlining various processes like financial aid disbursement, medical insurance, orientation for junior students and other student support mechanisms. The issues and activities of the OSA have increased considerably with the expansion of teaching and research programs in Mumbai and other campuses. The office liaises with the Tuljapur, Hyderabad and Guwahati off- campus of the Institute and has regular interactions with authorities to facilitate provision of similar support services as that of Mumbai Campus.
The Office of Student's Affairs (OSA) is the fundamental link between students, students support service, faculty and the administration of TISS. Headed by the Dean (Students’ Affairs), the purpose of the Office is to create a climate which promotes personal and academic development of students by offering them support. Support is provided by assisting students directly or through referrals. The Office strives to help students whilst they are at TISS, through a range of support services, programs, and activities to enhance the student experience and also help them to take full advantage of the academic and social environment here.
The regular activities of OSA,
1. The office facilitates and oversees Student Union Election process, and works with the Students' union on various issues concerning the students during the period of their study.
2. Disbursement of Students' aid : The Student Aid Committee headed by the Dean, (Students' Affairs) disbursed approximately Rs. 80 lakhs to economically and socially marginalized students to support their various requirements in the year 2017-18. The Centres / Schools, which were earlier disbursing financial aid independently, were also brought under the umbrella of the Students’ Financial Aid Committee this year.
3. The office attempts to enthuse student to conduct and participate in cultural events. Support is rendered to students in organising QuinTISSence and various other cultural/literary events like SPICMACAY programmes, panel discussions and seminars.
4. The Office takes responsibility towards availing medical insurance.
5. Oversee the student support facilities and handle grievance, if any.
6. Facilities within hostels and other amenities within and outside campus.
The Office of Students Affairs (OSA):
Prof. Asha Banu
Dean, Students Affairs
Mr. Gaurishankar Kamble
Programme Manager, Students Affairs
LDC, Students Affairs
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser