Centre for Human Resources Management and Labour Relations,
School of Management and Labour Studies
M.Com., D.Phil. (Allahabad), FDPM (IIM-A)
Telephone (working days): 022 25525803
A visionary leader with Gold Medal at PG and Doctoral Degree from University of Allahabad. More than 36 years of experience in teaching, research, training and consultancy. An IIM Ahmedabad trained faculty, worked with premier Institutes like Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai, Shriram Centre for Industrial Relations and Human Resources, New Delhi. A true researcher with international exposure and widely networked in corporate world, consultant to many national and international agencies. Proven track record of pioneering work with UP Skill Development Mission (UPSDM) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), New Delhi. A leading trainer and a versatile administrator with proven people management skills. Former Deputy Director TISS Guwahati Campus and Former Dean, School of Management and Labour Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences. Recently completed three years tenure as Director Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management (LBSIM), Delhi on deputation from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai. Presently Professor, School of Management and Labour Studies at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Mumbai.
Current area of research guidance both at the PG and Doctoral level :
Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Governance - HR specific
1.Union and Management perception towards Industrial Relations Climate – A survey study, BVIMSR Journal, Navi Mumbai, April 2019 (Jointly with Dr. Binit Lakra).
2 Employee Perception Towards Organisational Climate (OC): Study Based on Two Organisations from Mumbai Region, selected for publication by LBS, Vol. 15, No. 2, July-Dec 2017. (Jointly with Dr. Binit Lakra).
3.Theory Building in Organisational Studies: A Grounded Theory Approach, Indian Journal of Social Work, Volume 75, issue 2, April 2014. Jointly with Prof. Premalatha.
4.Re-Imagining National Wage Policy for Workers, PARITANTRA - Journal of Systems Science and Engineering, Vol. 20, No 1, 2010, pp. 1-10, Nov. – Dec. 2011.
5.Non-Surgical Closure of Pepsico Plant, Naroda: A case study, Indian Journal of Industrial Relatiions, New Delhi, Vol. 45 Number 3, January 2010
6. Perspectives on corporate Social Responsibility: Case Study of Tata Group of companies published in book edited by Prof. Dasgupta, Banglore –SAGE Publication, New Delhi, 2009.
1. Social Immersion Project on PwD and Skill Development [2018 - 19]
2. National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), New Delhi
3. Analytical study of Conditional Cash Transfer Scheme in Uttar Pradesh State [2016- 17] Department of Social Welfare, Govt. of UP.
4. Skill Development in traditional sectors of Uttar Pradesh State, 2015 -16 UP Skill Development Mission
5. Strategic Human Resource Planning [2013-14] Goa Shipyard Ltd.
6. National Policy on Wages and Incentives for Britannia Industries Ltd. Britannia Industries , Ltd.
7. National policy on Employee Relations for Pepsico, Frito Lay Division , Pepsico India Holdings Fritolay Division,
8. Non-Surgical Closure of Pepsico Plant In Naroda : A case study  Pepsico India Holdings Pvt. Ltd.
The courses taught at PG level include:
Human Resources Management
Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
Foundations of Management
Managing Negotiations and Collective Bargaining
Business Strategy and Strategic Human Resource Management