, Hyderabad campus
MA (Aligarh Muslim University)
MPS (International Institute for Population Sciences)
MPhil (Jawaharlal Nehru University)
PhD (University of Hyderabad)
Dr. Mohammad Kashif Khan is an Assistant Professor at School of Livelihoods and Development, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Hyderabad. He has completed his Ph.D. in Economics from the School of Economics, University of Hyderabad and MPhil from Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Trivandrum, Kerala. He has published researched papers in journals like Economics Bulletin, Review of Development and Change and has chapters in edited volumes.
Health Economics, Poverty, Inequality, Urbanisation and Behavioural Economics
Journal Articles/Chapters in Edited Book
1. Khan, M. K. (2021). Health Insurance and Determinant of Inpatient Out of Pocket Health Expenditure in India. Journal of Academic Research in Economics (JARE), 13(2), 241-254.
2. Padhi, B., Khan, M. K., & Lalhriatchiani. (2020). A Poverty Decomposition Analysis for the Northeastern Region of India. Review of Development and Change, 25(2), 237-255.
3. Khan, M. K. (2018). Political Connection, Public Good Activism and Network in India: An Analysis of RSBY Health Scheme. Romanian Economic Journal, 20(69). 24-39.
4. Sahoo, P., & Khan, M. K. (2017). Dynamics of Urban Poverty in United Andhra Pradesh. Journal of Economic Policy & Research, 12(2) & 13(1), 28-42.
5. Khan, M.K. and Padhi, B. (2017). Poverty, Inequality and Relative Deprivation Among Northeastern States of India: Evidence from NSS. In U. K. De, M. Pal and P. Bharati (Eds.) Inequality, Poverty and Development in India: Focus on the North Eastern Region (pp. 207-221), Springer Singapore, Print ISBN No- 978-981-10-6273-5, Online ISBN No. 978-981-10-6274-2.
6. Khan, M. K. (2017) Dimension of Poverty and Decomposition of Consumption Inequality in India: A Rawlsian Interpretation, The Empirical Economics Letters, 16(8), 813- 824.
7. Padhi, B., Mishra, U. S., & Khan, M. K. (2015). Is Poverty Comparable Across Varying Size of Population Among Indian States? In Almas Heshmati, Esfandiar Maasoumi and Guanghua Wan (Eds.) Poverty Reduction Policies and Practices in Developing Asia (pp. 205-215), Asian Development Bank (ADB), Springer Singapore. Print ISBN No-978-981-287-419-1, Online ISBN No. 978-981-287-420-7.
8. Khan, M. K. (2015). Inter-state Disparity of Net State Domestic Product (NSDP) in India: A Sectoral Decomposition Analysis, The Empirical Economics Letters, 14 (9), 943-950.
9. Mishra, U. S., Khan, M. K., & Ramanathan, M. (2013). Should life potential be a better alternative to life expectancy at birth? an Indian illustration. Economics Bulletin, 33(2), 1311-1316
Will be updated soon...
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser