, Hyderabad campus
M.A, M.Phil and Ph.D degrees in Political Science
Joined TISS Hyderabad in Jan 2016 as Assistant Professor in Prime Minister Rural Development Fellows Scheme (PMRDF) and continuing till date as Assistant Professor in School of Livelihoods and Development after the conclusion of PMRDF Scheme in Dec. 2017. Before joining TISS Hyderabad, obtained M.A., M.Phil., and Ph.D Degrees from the University of Hyderabad. Visited Uppsala University, Sweden as an Exchange student for a semester during M.Phil. Have been teaching courses in Political Science for both M.A. and BA students at TISS Hyderabad since 2016. Published couple of articles in national and international journals on the issues pertaing to tribal development, displacement, resettlement and rehabilitation and tribal rights. Apart from teaching, being part of administrative responsibilities such as Convenor, Facilitation Cell; Member, Internal Complaints Committee; Member, Election Committee etc.
Research areas mainly include politics of displacement, tribal development, governmnent and politics in India, public policy etc. Supervised about 40 Masters Dissertations across the programmes viz. Rural Development, Natural Resource and Governance, and Development Studies mainly covering the developmental concerns of the marginalised sections of the population and gaps and challenges in public policy, particularly in the era of golabalisation and liberalisation with regard to the tribes and other subaltern groups.
Book chapter in PMRDF VOL 2 titled "Democracy and Participatory Development" which is in printing stage published by Orient Blackswan
1) Organised a Training Workshop for field enumerators for conducting Socio-Economic survey of Scheduled Castes in Andhra Pradesh at TISS Hyderabad.
2) Conducted Social Impact Assessment (SIA) along with Dr Srinivas Surisetti in one of thesuburban areas of Hyderabad as part of the government funded project with regard toaquisition of land and prepared a report accordingly.
1) Understanding Politics: 2 Credits- Teaching since 2016 for M.A. (WS, ED, RDG & DS)
2) Political Science and Its Concerns: 4 Credits- Since 2016 for BA studens
3) Politics and Governance in India: 4 Credits- Since 2016 for BA students
4) Public Policy and Local Governance: 2 Credits- For M.A (RDG & PPG)
5) State and Development: 2 Credits- For M.A.(DS)
6) International Relations and Indian Foreign Policy: 4 Credits- For B.A
7) Foundation Course for ODCL: Shared with other Faculty
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser